Ground Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
These peppers have been a staple in our weekday meals for forever! Anytime is a great time for these delicious stuffed peppers! Jam packed with all the goodness and flavors this is easily one of my favorite, easy and go-to recipes for meals for the week! This recipe takes stuffed peppers to a whole new level and your tastebuds will certainly not be disappointed. If you have leftover turkey quinoa mix, have it on a salad or over cauliflower rice! Hope you enjoy :)
• 4 large bell peppers, any color
• 2 cups quinoa, cooked
• 1 lb. 93% Lean ground turkey
• 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 16 oz. jar of tomato sauce (I use @roashomeade garlic sauce, it’s amazing!!)
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 cup shredded cheese
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Cilantro for garnish
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare quinoa and set aside!
2. Cut off the tops of the peppers remove the seeds, and cut in halves.
3. In a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic and onion, saute until tender. Add the
turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
4. Add the tomato sauce, quinoa, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the
shredded cheese and stir until blended.
5. Fill the peppers evenly with the mixture, place in a lightly greased 10 inch cast
iron skillet, or baking dish of your choice. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove and a sprinkle of cheese to the top of peppers and bake for an additional
5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
6. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!!