Juicy Skillet Burgers with Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
I've been using this amazing spice mix for burgers for about 8 years now! It's the perfect blend between savory, bold with just a hint of sweetness! This recipe truly is fool proof and can be paired with buns, salad, your favorite veggie sides and more! These burgers always remind me of summertime, grilling, sitting out by the pool with some ice cold drinks! And nothing is better than having a juicy burger then dishing it up with some extra crispy sweet potato fries. I had these amazing burgers with none other than udi's gluten free buns!
I got to whip out my new air fryer to make these awesome fries that have the sweetest crunch! How crazy exciting it is that these fries were twice as crunchy than your normal in the oven baking method. The air fryer is simply my holy grail now! I hope you all enjoy this fun and delicious recipe- we certainly did!
Juicy Burger Patties
1 lb ground turkey (92/8)
1 lb ground beef (94/6)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
@Udi's gluten free buns
1. Simple as can be! Season your burger meat and shape into patties that are 4-5 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
2. Heat a cast iron or skillet to medium to high heat and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until your liking of how well it is cooked through.
3. Serve with salad, buns, or sides of your choice!
Air Fried Crispy Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp, salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Peel the sweet potatoes, then slice each potato into even ¼ inch thick sticks.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl, and toss with olive oil, and seasonings.
3. Cook in 2 or 3 batches, depending on the size of your basket without overcrowding the pan until they’re crispy. I like my fries extra crispy so I cooked them for 20 min and flipped halfway through!