Kale Fall Harvest Salad
This Fall Harvest Salad is the best, easy and delicious salad you could possibly bring to a gathering! Not only is it beautiful to look at but it tastes incredible to! It's filled with all the vibrant colors and this dressing is to dieeee for. I've made this dressing for pretty much any salad possible but it just feels and tastes so right with this dish!
If your thinking of bringing a healthy but fun side, this is it! If you need it to be dairy free, no problem- just sub out the feta for dairy free cheese or none at all. This is truly a staple and it takes less than 30 minutes to throw together. I hope y'all enjoy!!
· 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
· 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1/4 tsp garlic powder
· 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced
· 8 cups curly kale, stems removed and cut into bite size pieces
· ¼ cup dried cranberries
· ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
· 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
· 2 teaspoons maple syrup
· 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
· 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
· kosher salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On the prepared baking sheet, toss together the chopped brussel sprouts, and autumn squash with olive oil and top with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Arrange in a single layer. And roast for 20-25 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the kale (massage kale with dressing prior) apples, feta, cranberries and pecans.
4. To make the vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake. Taste and adjust as needed.
5. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to combine. Top the salad with roasted Brussels and squash. Eat and enjoy!